Thursday, April 19, 2007

I hear ya.


Religious Ceremonies or rituals are empty unless they are performed with an attitude of love and obedience. Being religious, going to church, serving on a committee, and giving to a charity is not enough if we do not act out of devotion and obedience to God. A sacrifice was a ritual transaction between man and God that physically demonstrated a relationship between them. If the person’s heart was not truly repentant or if he did not truly love God, the sacrifice was a hollow ritual.
Where is God truly leading us? Have we been so blinded by the good deeds that we are expected to do that we never see what God is trying to show us.
“22Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice. And to heed is better than the fat of rams. 23 for rebellion is like the sin of devotion and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has rejected you as King.” 1 Samuel 15:22-23
Listening is easy to do when we are interested in the conversation. It’s not as easy if it’s really not what we wanting to HEAR. “It’s better to obey than to sacrifice.” Example: God I hear you but that’s not what I want to do so I tell you what, I’ll take my kids to church and I will give some money to a charity and that should be enough right? I pray that I am always listening to what God is truly saying not just to the things I want to hear.
U.N.T

No comments: