Saturday, September 1, 2007

Judging A Book By It's Cover.


Just looking through these blue eyes is enough for me to see what the damage is. I see you coming through the door of the restaurant and I cant turn away. I look because I am confused on what I see. A young lady that is awkwardly drawing attention to herself walks through the restaurant door. I have to say that I am not drawn in an attractive way I am drawn in a, I feel sorry for her kind of way. It appears as if she belongs to every man in the restaurant. I turn away and start to laugh on the inside, why? I sit at my table enjoying my food as she makes her self known. I begin to judge, but not intentionally. I was sitting with my band and she comes over to us and ask, are you all looking to buy a used car? At that time I realize that I can't talk to her, why? I try to explain that we are from Greenville SC but my words are blocked by my my thoughts of ho she is. As she begins to talk I notice these guys that were sitting with her looking at us and one of them ask, so are you guys in a band? Evan said yes and started to explain who we were. During this whole time I could not look at the girl or the men because I judged them. One of the guys started telling us about how he moved up to AL. from FL. His family is still in FL. while he gets his new job prepared for them. He begins to tell us he was just praying that morning,God please send me some good Christian music. At that point I begin to think of what a jerk I've been because of my stupid flesh. They go with us out to our van and he buys three CDs for him and his two girls. I pray that God blesses him and his family. I guess the old saying "never judge a book by it's cover" is so true.
just something to think about.
U.N.T
Chasen

2 comments:

Paul Shippy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiliki said...

Chase...I love reading your blogs! They give me a pick-me-up. This one is just how God puts people in your path when you least expect it. I am so thankful that family ran into you guys. For them to be looking for Christian Music...they picked the perfect band to run into!!!

I can't wait to see you Friday!!!!!!

HUGS!!!

Christy Curran