Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Big Whammy!!!!


Ok, ok so here's where I am. Today my friend (Stevo) & I went to pick up a nice rocking chair from Babies-R-Us. All went good, we picked it up and put in a truck I borrowed from my other friend B-Holda. We tied it down with bungee cables so it was in there pretty good but I still felt something odd about the box. I drove off got on interstate 85 in Greenville SC. I was going around 50 or so. The speed limit is 65. I was just talking and WAM!!!!! Stevo says we lost it, hang on wait its... BAM!!! A transfer truck creams our brand new rocking chair into 1000 pieces. I quickly pull over try to get out and another truck barely misses my door. I run and stop traffic on 85 & pick up the chair with one hand and grab pieces with the other hand. I take the chair home to my wife almost in tears. Well we've been trying to get this chair for about a month and we finally found this one in-stock here, not no mo. It will be a while before they get another one. To end this big extravaganza I called Babies-R-Us and they are ordering another one for nothing. After we take it back of course. (Which I think thats funny because of all the pieces there are to take back)
Well we head to the hospital tomorrow afternoon and he will be here Thursday. Wish us luck, Pray for us and I will update you on more news with me and the guys from the band.
Until Then, Go Babies-R-Us
Chasen Callahan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh man, this is a story you'll be able to tell for years!

I know you're excited for Emerson to arrive. Lauren came in the wee hours of the morning of the day we had set for her to be induced... so even though we had "picked" her birthday, she decided to come that day anyway (and I felt AWFUL when we decided to induce, even though she was overdue, it was like I was choosing something that wasn't mine to choose) ANYWAY 19 years later I still second guess everything I do with her - so get used to it.

and take LOTS of pictures and write lots of things down - and don't blink because if you do, he'll be all grown up...

love you all!
Lea