Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Never Know What You Got.....


I wake up at 3:30am this morning and I realize that this could be the last time I spend time with my wife. See in two hours she will be on a plane headed to ST. Louis. I've always loved to fly and still do, but there's something weird about this one. I have to say I was a little scared not for me but for her. I know she's a big girl and can handle it though. I wake up with this numb feeling and start the car. As I look in her eyes I realize that I'm captured by who we are and who she is. A few turns and a gum stop at the airport I give her my last good bye. I turn and look back and almost knock over a very large muscular man. I said I'm sorry took the turn and I realized on my way down the escalator that you really never know what you got till it's (she’s) gone. She landed safely in St. Louis. Now if I can just get her back home ok. The sad thing is I can’t pick her up because I'm out on the road but it gives me more time to think about what I do have. It's all in how you look at it.
U.N.T

No comments: