Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thoughts From A Bad Speler


When did it become ok to critique but be defensive when critiqued? I’ve been very careful with my words when critiquing. I wish we all would see how valuable we could be if we would take words with a grain of salt. It always sucks when a friend who you’ve trusted with everything shatters you. Trust is earned, but you don’t want to sound like your friend has to prove whom they are in order to own your trust, that’s selfish. I want to be excited for them when they try to succeed and help them along the way. But when you’ve put everything in to something and it gets thrown back in your face it’s hard to say, they wouldn’t do anything to hurt you. I guess I could just let it go but that lets me know that I still care of how they feel. I’ve noticed that I have a big heart and love people. All kinds and all colors. Here lately I’m finding it harder and harder to put my trust in people with low confidence in them self. The more I help I get slapped in the face. Over time you realize that they are content with who they are and what they do, no matter if it’s wrong or unnatural. I’m always asking my self this. Do I expect people to act according to how I’ve been brought up or do I expect people to go the extra mile and know what’s right and wrong. I’m falling into a rut of bitterness because of lack of trust. Better is the man who’s lost it all. Why can’t we all have that attitude? If you have something to say to someone say it to his or her face. Don’t talk behind there back and wait for it to get back to them. Thoughts from a bad speler is a way of saying back up and get the idea of what I’m trying to say verses trying to find something wrong with it. When you read this I want you to ask your self am I like these thoughts? Do I walk around being so literal that my mouth gets in the way of how I really feel? If you find your self here then maybe its time for a check up. Your mouth and the way you say things may affect your friendship and the trust of your friendship forever. Proverbs 18 &19. Again these are just thoughts from a bad speler.
U.N.T

No comments: